Between the years (2011- 2015), and through the implementation of the institute’s activities in determining the risk of the Palestinian society, some risks were revealed like (water shortage, and water pollution), and in the field of environmental health risks, the contaminated solid waste emerged.
The Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics data showed acute shortage of safe drinking water, presence of high levels of chlorine and nitrate concentration in all the governorates of Gaza, and that there is a problem in the way of wastes disposing according to local and international reports.
Therefore, this program seeks to protect and promote human health and safety in particular, and the environment in general, through the delivery of consultations and the organization of services to reduce the risks of human-induced activities on the environment. This aims to achieve the concept of comprehensive environmental security through the implementation of efforts and national policies to protect the environment by reaching a free contaminated environment, which will reflect positively on the human being.
To reach a naturally preserved environment via the behaviors of the society.
- Awareness on the negative activities’ impact on the natural environment.
- Contribution to the policies and solutions that enhance the safety of environment from the dangerous of wastes.
- Encouraging the application of environmental health practices.
- Advocacy and lobbying for the provision of green spaces for children.
- Providing consultation:
- On integrated solid waste management.
- On creative ideas for the reuse of solid waste.
- On reducing the impact of polluting industries.
- On marine reserves.
- On environmental educational camps.
- On the development of water pollution control methods.
- For civil institutions on the creation of green spaces for children.
- Preparation of awareness materials related to pollution and wrong behaviors causing it.
- Training families on proper disposal of household waste and its benefit.
- Training children about environmental health.
- Studies on water shortage and pollution.